Oliver Road walk-in service closing 31 August 2016
Following public consultation and a decision by Waltham Forest Clinical Commissioning Group’s Governing Body, the walk-in service at Oliver Road will be closing on 31 August. The GP practices and other services at Oliver Road are not affected by this change.
From 1 September, Waltham Forest residents with an urgent health concern will have clear choices for where to seek help.
Alternatives for medical advice:
- Many common illnesses such as coughs and colds can be easily treated by visiting your local pharmacist, who can offer advice on how to look after yourself with rest and over the counter treatments.
- Ring your GP to make an appointment. Not registered? Visit the NHS Choices website (www.nhs.uk) for details on how to register.
- Book weekend GP and nurse appointments at one of Chingford, Walthamstow or Leyton and Leytonstone hubs by calling 020 8519 3999 between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday, or 9am to 5pm on Saturday or Sunday.
- If urgent, call the free NHS 111 number – a trained adviser will offer advice over the phone. If you need to be seen, they will be able to direct you to the best service for you to receive care. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is available via the British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter. Visit www.interpreternow.co.uk/nhs111/ for more information.
- For immediate, life-threatening emergencies, call 999.
If you have any questions about the closure of the walk-in service, contact email@example.com